Follow Up: Smashing Pumpkins Are Here To Stay
I revised my last post a few times as you may have noticed. Coherent statements are challenging for a halfwit like myself. But to follow up, here is a Twitter chain posted by Billy Corgan today. He seems to thrive on adversity, and yeah, Tweets can rally/rile up at the masses quickly when you have something to say. Interpret as you will, I'm just stoked he's fired up and hope it turns into a fantastic new record. Follow him here.
- You know those horror movies where there is the *thing* that won't die? That is SP. We a'int gonna make that mistake again. Hipsters beware!
- Hipsters and blog fascists beware because SP exposes that your game isn't real, integral, fair, or even about music. It is about YOU
- Show me a band or a music artist with a problem and I will at least bow to them doing *some-thing* in this world, ego or not...
- How did the world get so upside down that the people who write about music see themselves as more valuable than the artists themselves?
- SP continues to expose the wires to the farce that is the mu-sick biz-ness...thank you to the radio stations that support us as independents
- Thank you to the indie retailers who honor the long history of SP and our place in alternative culture. Don't you get it yet?
- The Smashing Pumpkins are back. And we a'int going fucking anywhere but UP ha ha fucking hardy har har...what a beautiful day to LOVE+HONOR
- Thank you thank you thank you to the Smashing Pumpkins fans who have stuck with us. We appreciate you! Gonna rock you Spokane!
- I believe ALL should follow their HEART and do what they think best. If criticism is *it* for you, great.
- But if you piss on my lawn I'm gonna tell you to get the hell off my lawn.The message hasn't changed since '87. We're in the makeithappenbiz
- It's like, *news flash*, the circus has elephants+clowns+a guy in a top hat. SP is what it is + it a'int changing to match your death dream
- People change. People move on. People grow up (not me obviously!!). I'm happy. Love Love Love being in this band! I make no apology for us.
A small yet significant parcel of cyberspace